Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sneaky Foil Paper

Here's a little tip.  Foil cardstock and Liquid Glue do not play well together.  Now, most of you know, I use our Mono Multipurpose Glue for just about everything, so of course I would do it with card as well.  I attached the top layer with the butterfly and Embossing Paste to the foil layer with our "green glue" aka Mono Multipurpose Glue.  For new stampers, no, the glue is not green, but the bottle is green and white and it's so much easier to just say "green glue".

Before you say, well, you should have laid it flat to dry so it wouldn't slide like that.  Guess what, I did!  Then I left it alone and worked on my emails for a bit.  When I turned around again to take pictures for posting, I found this:


Arrrghhh!  So, I tried again.  Mind you, I had planned on making two card, so the measurements are all the same, I cut two of each ahead of time.

THIS is what it was supposed to look like.  So, for this card, I attached the top layer to the foil later with Tear and Tape and it didn't budge!

The background is made with our new Embossing Paste and a couple of drops of Pool Party re-inker.  I simply mixed it together on my Silicon Sheet and gently spread it onto the Whisper White and set it aside to dry.  Being thicker than it would be with a stencil, I gave it plenty of time to dry.  You could help it along with your Heat Gun, but not really necessary.  ** The cardstock WILL curl a bit, but don't worry, it will flatten back out.


Recipe:
Whisper White Thick cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Foil cardstock 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Whisper White scraps for sentiment


Remember, use your "hidden" foil to cut out your butterfly - or anything else you can fit in there for another day.  No point wasting all that pretty paper!


Thank you for looking in today.  I hope you learned something new!

~ Donna


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I found it out the hard way on the foil sheets. That was last year before the Tear and Tape which I do like but finally resorted to the red lined tape and then the static was so bad getting the red liner off. Finally, I was able to complete whatever it was but it was a struggle. It was the silver too and it had a snowflake on it that kept moving too. Anyway, this is a cool card and at first I thought you wanted it to tilt and thought I would have tilted it more! I love the embossing paste on there - so pretty. I still have yet to get any.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors