Thursday, August 31, 2017

Winning Swap for August 2017

Each month our team has a card swap where we use only current Stampin' Up! products.  All of our cards are put up on a display board and everyone votes for their favorite.

Jennie's card won this month, 2nd month in a row mind you.  I'm going to have to step up my swaps!  

I asked Jennie though about the beautiful glimmer paper in the middle, I simply couldn't find it in our current catalogs, but I remember us having it.  Well, Jennie had some leftover for some of her cards and then made her own for the rest.  Smarty Pants!  LOL

She took some Dazzling Diamonds cardstock, Pumpkin Pie Ink pad and a sponge dauber and simply turned the Dazzling Diamonds into Pumpkin Pie.  Think about that a minute... you could make ANY COLOR glimmer paper you want with our ink pads and re-inkers.  


Products Used:
Early Espresso Card Stock
Pumpkin Pie Card Stock
Wood Textures Designer Series Paper
Daffodil Delight (I'm guessing here) Card Stock 
Cajun Craze (again guessing for the leaf on the left)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Card Stock
Gold Foil Card Stock
Daisy Punch
Wood Crate Framelits

Congratulations to Jennie - such a beautiful fall card!

Thank you for looking in today.  It's Friday Eve and the weekend is almost here!

~ Donna


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us. I don't use the glimmer paper that much but at times a little touch is a good thing. I had heard you could use the daubers on it to add color but have not tried it. Now, I know it works. It is a very pretty card. I just ordered the daisy bundle and the crate die - hey, I could CASE it eventually!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Chris. NOW you just have to try it. I've done it a couple of times and it is really pretty and of course, you can use any color you want. Can't wait to see your CASE.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Donna, thank you! I wish I could remember who inspired this card to give them some credit, too. You are so sweet! I do love that we can color our glimmer paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, you are so welcome. Your card was just so beautiful, I couldn't resist posting it first thing. Thank you for making such a gorgeous card for our swap.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors