Monday, September 18, 2017

Ready for Christmas (for a Birthday)

I had a special request for a birthday card for a co-worker's daughter.  When I asked her what type of things she liked such as flowers, butterflies, etc.  She said she like dachshunds as they had them growing up and I immediately thought of "Ready for Christmas" and the sweet little dog there.  So here is what I came up with.

Isn't it fun when something comes together the way you think?


Recipe:
Very Vanilla - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Coffee Break Designer Series Paper 5" x 3 3/4"
Very Vanilla - Die cut with Stitched Shapes - Largest Circle
Very Vanilla Scraps - for table and dog
Whisper White Scraps - for balloons and presents


Inside I wanted a BIG greeting so I used a stamp from Big On Birthdays.


Thank you for looking in today - Happy Monday!

~ Donna


  Product List

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! You could put a cake on the table too. the balloons could be any color as well. Fun idea. She will love the card.

    I had not planned on getting that set but that dog and it's sweater is just too cute. I am taking a big leap these days...the dog bakery in town asked me to make some pet sympathy cards and other pet related cards. She asked if I had any types of breeds that I could use and what other ideas. I don't know if she will do gift cards or certificates but that is an idea - holders for such. Also, just little treat holders. She has little bags with paws on them but I am thinking other things. She sells dog cookies that would be a perfect fit for the mini pizza boxes. Or cello bags with a dog related topper. She was asked to have kitty treats so I can make some kitty stuff too. If they don't sell, well we tried at least! Wish me luck!!!!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to put a cake on the table, but I couldn't find one in my current stuff that would fit. So gifts it is!

      I bet you without a doubt the mini pizza boxes will be a big hit! You just need the right paper or something to decorate the box with. It will be awesome! An easy pet card is using a heart punch and 4 ovals to make a paw print. I've done that a lot of times in a pinch. If I think of anything brilliant, I'll let you know!

      How fun!!! Good Luck!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors