Saturday, November 11, 2017

Christmas in the Making

If you were to choose an era to live in as an adult, what would you pick?  I think I'd like to live in the 50's and 60's.  Granted I was born in 1959, and grew up in the 60's, but as a child.  Like in Peggy Sue Got Married.  Quiet family neighborhoods and starting a family your best friends living all around in the same neighborhood. 

That's what I think of when I see this cute stamp set, Christmas in the making.  I could do without the heels around the house, but perhaps she's waiting for guests to arrive for a party!


Above Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Whisper White - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"


Below Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/4", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Real Red - 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White - 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"


Which do you prefer and why?  I know which one I like best, but I'd love to hear from you.

Happy Saturday, Number 2....That's how it seems to me since I had today off for Veteran's Day and all day it seemed like today was Saturday.  Now I get a real Saturday! 

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. Not sure about what era but at least it was a bit less crazier and calmer back then. I like the 2nd card for her hair color and the thicker red mat. Also, the sentiment up higher. I don't do heels either. I had seen some photos of my mom helping to prepare boxes for the military and she was wearing heels and carrying these big boxes and my mom is short like me. Amazed me. Reminds me of June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver! Great coloring. Mike had yesterday off too and now today seems so odd like it should be a Sunday.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bigger border too. Don't know why I even did the thin border. LOL Plus the thin border one I did with a Stampin' Write Chocolate Chip and it was just too dark.

      This does remind me of June Cleaver too! So fun!

      My Mom wore heels all day at work, but as soon as she got home she was in a comfy robe and slippers.

      Have a great weekend... with an extra Saturday!

      Delete
  2. Like both - Like the dark hair but the larger red mat is my favorite. Thanks for all you share! Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda - Thank you for taking the time to comment! I like the larger red mat too. Good to hear from you again!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors