Friday, March 9, 2018

Double Triangle Fun Fold

This is a fun fold card I found in my inbox Thursday by Dawn Olchefske.  I just knew I had to do some CASEing today.  I think I'm folded the other direction from hers, simply because of the way I cut my designer paper, but it works both ways. 


Recipe -

Peekaboo Peach: 8 1/2" x 11" (SCORE in half at 4 1/4" then in half at 5 1/2" - CUT in half on the diagonal.
Tutti-Frutti Designer Series Paper: 5 1/4" x 4", then cut in half on the diagonal
Tutti-Frutti Designer Series Paper: 4" x 3/4"
Whisper White: 2 3/8" Layering Circle and 5 1/4" x 4" for inside panel
Bermuda Bay: 2 1/2" Scallop Layering Circle

Stamps: Five for All
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento


I feel like the upper triangle that comes down needs some embossing or something else, but I didn't really notice it until I see the pictures.  Next version will have some changes, but that's what it's all about, right?  Trial and error (or at least improvements), make our creations better!



Fun cards with the funny sentiments.  You can also use more traditional stamps, but I wanted something fun and silly today!


Thank you for looking in today!  It's Finally Friday!

~ Donna


Product List

2 comments:

  1. I made a comment on Dawn's post as I tried it on a piece of copy paper and it just didn't look like hers so I decided I just didn't get the directions right and would wait for her video. Then, I see your card and though hmmmm that looks familiar. I pulled mine out of the trash and taped it back together and viola it was the way you cut it and folded it! I thought the top part just didn't look like hers and I had done it wrong. Well, I went back to her post and she doesn't have the inside totally open like yours to show us. I decided it looked so stark naked (I used white copy paper with something Mike had printed out on the other side) bare that something was wrong. It just needed dressing up with embossing or something like you said! Duh! I had it - it was just the opposite of hers but cut like yours. Geez, sometimes I can be so dumb! Maybe some embossed dots or circles to go with the spots on the paper and go with the center focal point? Boy, mine was definitely "Trial and Error" in thinking. Did you see the card she made today, the same but with the bottle which I think is fun. Anyway, I like your card too and your sentiment is just a lot of fun!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw hers for today as well. I wish I had that set - I will be getting it since it is carrying over - for sure!

      I was trying to fold with the "mountain" inside so it folds better and that's how it came out. It works either way, so I'm not going to sweat it. LOL Definitely going to put some embossing or something on the upper triangle though.

      That bugger was hard to photograph! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors